China Glaze Spring 2015 Road Trip Collection | 30 Days of Untrieds Challenge

Hey guys! If you follow me on Instagram (@lacqueredloves), you'll have noticed that for the month of June, I decided to join the 30 Days of Untrieds Challenge created by Amanda from @secretlifeofnails and Jennifer from @the_polished_pineapple. It's really a fantastic concept. As nail polish collectors, we tend to get stuck in the rut of buying tons of polish, but forget to actually wear them. So, as I was sifting through my collection the other night to see which polishes I was going to include, I realized I had quite a few polishes that belonged to the same collections. I thought to myself: why not swatch the polishes that belong to the same collections as one entry, but make a blog post about them?! This way, I can fit even more polishes into my challenge and also create blog post content that isn't redundant. So, here we are! My entry for Day Four will be three polishes from the China Glaze Spring 2015 Road Trip collection that have been sitting patiently waiting for my love and attention. Keep on reading to find out more about these polishes!



First up is Don't Mesa With My Heart. This polish is a medium, bubblegum pink. It's pretty, but I don't usually like pinks like this, so I'm not sure why I picked it up in the first place. It does have a decent formula; easy to manipulate and covers well in two coats. It's self-leveling and not too thick or too thin. If pinks like this are your jam, I'd recommend picking this one up if you can still find it.



Next is Don't Desert Me. This one reminds me a lot of Essie's Jamaica Me Crazy, but I haven't compared the two side-by-side to see if they're dupes. Don't Desert Me is a dark pink that leans more purple. It also has this stunning shimmer that gives it that "glow from within" look. The formula is also pretty great. Slightly thinner than Don't Mesa With My Heart, but still easy to control. This one also covers perfectly in two coats.


Lastly is Rain Dance the Night Away. This blue is not unique by any means, but the formula is spot on! Depending on your application, it can be a one coat wonder. It glides on so effortlessly. The only downside: it does stain a little bit. I use a peel-off base coat for swatches, so maybe that barrier wasn't enough to prevent staining. I'm not sure. However, the stains did come off quickly and easily with a little bit of nail polish remover, so I wouldn't write this one off just for that.



All in all, these were surprisingly great polishes! I'm amazed that it took me two years to wear any of these, but I'm glad I did. The formulas for all three are still great despite that lack of attention. If you stumble across any of these three, I'd definitely recommend them, if they're something you happen to be in the market for!

Are you participating in the 30 Days of Untrieds Challenge? Let me know in the comments below!!

XOXO

Jessica














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Love Polish || Swatches

Favorite Bloggers

Current Reads