Mini Haul featuring OPI & Essie


Today I have for you a very tiny little haul for you from last weekend. I'm fortunate enough to have the most amazing nail supply store just minutes away from my house. Needless to say, Lucky's Nail Supply is my wonderland and I often find myself getting into a bit of trouble there, so let's get into this haul!

[L-R] OPI Nail Envy, This Cost Me A Mint, Essie Steal His Name, Between the Seats, & Loot the Booty

The first polish I picked up was a necessity more than anything. OPI's Nail Envy has been my absolute favorite base coat for as long as I can remember and I needed a fresh bottle. It's supposed to strengthen your nails and prevent them from breaking, peeling, etc. while also providing you with a smooth base for your next mani. I can attest to all of the above. I used to be an avid nail biter and I can honestly say that Nail Envy was one of the very few products that helped my nails grow long and strong. I've used other base coats throughout the years, but I never go too long without my beloved Nail Envy. Typically, a bottle goes for about $17 or $18 at Ulta, but I scooped mine up for $11. Hoorah for savings!!

The next two polishes in the line up, OPI This Cost Me A Mint and Essie Steal His Name, caught my attention because of their obvious springtime vibes. I haven't tried either of them on my own nails yet, but I did watch jessFACE90 swatch Steal His Name on YouTube and I'm kind of disappointed that it's a sheer polish. I didn't even realize that when I picked it up. Not to say that it's a bad thing, but I had my heart set on trying a gradient with Steal His Name and Between the Seats. -Le sigh- Oh well.

Essie Between the Seats

Now, I did try Between the Seats and this polish is pretty special in my opinion. It was easy to apply, opaque in two smooth, even coats. It's kind of like a putty, greyish color, but with slight pinky undertone that you can see in certain lights. It's a very pretty color. Clean and fresh. Definitely a surprise favorite. 

Essie Loot the Booty

Lastly, Essie's Loot the Booty. This polish and I just couldn't get along. Not because of the formula or anything. No, no. The formula was fantastic for a deep blue like her. It wasn't streaky or thick. It was opaque in two coats. The formula wasn't the issue. It was the shimmer! That stunning shimmer you see in the bottle. It just didn't translate completely to the nail. And that left my little heart in pieces. When you were out in the sun, you could absolutely see the shimmer, and it was like a piece of heaven was shining down on your finger tips. But only when you were standing out in the sun. Oh Loot the Booty, how I wish your shimmer would shimmer a bit harder!!

I'm slowly recovering from my heartbreak. I think I'll be okay.

Have you guys tried any of these polishes? Let me know how it went for you!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Love Polish || Swatches

Favorite Bloggers

Current Reads