OPI Euro Centrale Gradient

Hey guys! Today I thought I'd share with you this super cool, yet super easy gradient manicure I did earlier this week using polishes from OPI's Euro Centrale collection from Spring/Summer 2013. Keep on reading if you'd like to see more!!

[L-R] OPI You're Such A Budapest, Can't Find My Czechbook, & OPI...Eurso Euro 

This collection has always been a favorite of mine. This was probably one of the first collections I was anxiously anticipating when I started getting into nail polish. It was also gifted to me by my older brother for my nineteenth birthday. And, of course, it really does have beautiful colors. OPI...Eurso Euro is probably one of my favorite dark blues of all time. And You're Such A Budapest is an amazing periwinkle/lilac color that I believe is unique, at least to my collection. 

Ommorphia Beauty Bar OPI Euro Centrale Gradient 2013
Naturally, I was big into reading blogs back then and that was how I would get most of my information on upcoming collections. One of my favorite blogs of the time was Ommorphia Beauty Bar. When she reviewed OPI's matte top coat, she also included a quick manicure showcasing the three polishes above in a gradient, mattified. I remember trying it out back then and loving it. And for some reason, this manicure popped back into my head last week. So I had to do it. 

OPI Euro Centrale Gradient topped with HK Fast Drying Top Coat
I opted for a glossy top coat instead of matte for two reasons. One, I don't own a matte top coat and didn't want to go out and purchase one, and two, I love how gradients looks when they're shiny and almost glass-like.    

OPI...Eurso Euro
One cool trick that I learned from reading a Chalkboard Nails blog post a while back was to use Elmer's Glue as a latex barrier when doing nail art. You just paint the glue around your cuticles as you would any other latex barrier and let it dry. Once you finish your nails, just use a pair of tweezers to peel the dried glue right off your skin. Some clean up might still be required, but overall, this has saved me so much time. And Elmer's Glue is cheap!! So you don't have to dish over a ton of money if you just want to give this a try. 

So what do you guys thing of gradients? Will you be trying one any time soon?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Love Polish || Swatches

Favorite Bloggers

Current Reads